The Davies

The Davies

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

We love you guys!











It sure has been a long time since I posted last. Things have been a little hectic around here. I had my surgery on 3/27 and due to a complication I ended up with a spinal headache due to leaking spinal fluid. After 2 blood patches the leak did not resolve and I had to lie FLAT on my back 24/7 for about 2 weeks. Thank you! Thank you! For so many wonderful helpful family and friends. These include but are by no means limited to: My mom, my mother-in-law Jane, Charity, Candice, Dan and Tierney, Becky, Tim, my best girl Angie, neighbors Susan and Chris, Rachel, and of course the best of all my FABULOUS husband. John took the week off to nurse me back to health, wait on me hand and foot, and be the worlds greatest Daddy to little Stella. Stella was so great throughout all of this from the 2 hour wait during the surgery, that took unexpectedly almost 6 hours, to the 2 weeks of mommy being out of commission. She was delightful, patient, and just plain adorable. So was her Daddy!

The dinners, flowers, company, prayers, and well wishes were so helpful. We are truly blessed to have such a wonderful support system and such loving people in our lives. I am feeling a lot better and healing nicely. I should be all healed up in a few more weeks. My leg pain had been greatly reduced by the pump and I am so grateful. Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts! We cannot adequately express our gratitude.

2 comments:

  1. We are so glad to hear you are doing well. I keep asking mom for updates and she told me about the complications, that has got to be so hard. I am so sorry you had to go through that. You have a great family to help you out and keep you in their prayers. Stella is adorable! What a cutie. I am sure she is loving having mom back! Good luck on the rest of your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristan! I am so glad to see you are feeling better! I am glad things are getting better! Gosh, that must have been so tough for you! Just know I am still here if you need ANYTHING! That's what friends are for! Love ya lady!

    ReplyDelete

counter

Background

Followers