The Davies

The Davies

Monday, January 26, 2009

Can you get my baby to sleep?

Any parents out there with any tips on teaching your baby to sleep? I am afraid that having a stubborn Dad and even more stubborn Mom equals the most stubborn baby in the universe. It took me 3 and a half hours to get Stella to nap today. I was trying to get her down without nursing her to sleep...end result? I ended up nursing her to sleep. I need serious help, and I know when I need to ask for it. A talent I am proud to say I have been developing. Thanks in advance for any smart tips!

4 comments:

  1. I would suggest getting her in the habit of staying awake after nursing for about an hour. She will learn to fall asleep on her own that way. Also, as hard as it is.... let her cry!! Its makes strong lungs and she can learn to self soothe. Being a mom is tough... I know, but you need to take care of Kristan too!! And a non sleeping baby is not taking care of you! All that sweet baby needs is training... it sounds weird but its true.

    Hope this helps. YOu can always bring her to us too : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are tough!!! Let her cry it out, it may be hell for a few days but she will learn. Drop her off at my house if you need a break!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish i had a magic answer, but I don't. I do have an aquarium that I used with Joe, it plays music and runs on batteries... totally safe, that worked for him when he was little like miss Stella! If you want to borrow it, its all yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I've been through this 4 times, and it doesn't get easier at all. But everyone's right, you need to let her cry it out. After 5-10 minutes of crying, go in and check on her and soothe her (without picking her up), then leave the room and repeat as necessary. It still might take an hour the first few days, but all the sudden it will just click in her mind and life will be so much easier. I also have classical 89.1 playing in her room ONLY when it's bedtime. So she know when she hears it, it's time to sleep. And if you can keep a steady routine throughout the whole day, it will be easier for her to adjust as well.
    Long winded, I know, but I hope it helps.
    Good luck!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

counter

Background

Followers